Evaporator Scale Controller
• This product is used for scale and foaming control in marine all temperature range evaporators and heat exchangers, and for scale and sludge control in boiler water systems
• Removes existing scale by in-service cleaning
• Prevents scale formation
• Low foam properties reduce evaporator foaming
• Low toxicity
• To prevent scale and foam formation in marine evaporators
• To control the formation of scale deposits in heat exchangers and boilers
• For scale removal use Aquamarine Descaling Liquid
When used for treating marine evaporators, the product should be dosed continuously into the sea water feed line where all of the treatment will enter the evaporator. Since Evaporator Scale Controller is highly concentrated it should be pre-mixed with cool distillate in a separate dosing tank and dosed via a flow meter or metering pump.
The recommended daily dose rate is dependent on brine density (S.G.) which should be checked daily with a hydrometer and is normally as indicated below.
The standard dosage, applicable to most systems, is 0.01 litres of Evaporator Scale Controller per tonne of distillate produced. This is based on the production capacity of the evaporator. In a standard 25 metric tonne/day evaporator use 25 x 0.010 = 0.25ltrs Evaporator Scale Controller/day.
Setting the Flow Rate
The treatment is added to the dosage tank and mixed with water.
For example: With the 0.25 litres of Evaporator Scale Controller add sufficient water to
make up 50 litres of liquid.
Flow rate calculation:
Flow rate = 50 litres = 35ml/min setting
24 x 60
This will then last 24 hours.
The brine density should not exceed a density of 1.038. (g/cm³). The scaling potential increases rapidly over this level. An increase in the amount of Evaporator Scale Controller used will assist in retaining potential scale forming salts in suspension.
For example: If the density rises to 1.050 the dosage should be 0.06 litres/tonne of water produced.
Pack Size 25 Litres
NSN J150 6850-99-149-8932
Product Ref. ESC